From time to time, we receive information about upcoming workshops or events from area quilt guilds. We will share that information here for the benefit of our community too.
April 23rd to May 8th, 2022 – Fibre Fling Art Show and Sale
The annual Fibre Fling Art Show and Sale is online again from April 23rd to May 8th, 2022. Visit www.fibre-fling.ca to enjoy beautiful textile and mixed media works created by Ottawa’s own ‘Out of the Box’ artists. Our group is also celebrating 25 years of extraordinary creativity!
May 6-8, 2022: Common Threads Quilt Show
QUILT SHOW *** STORIES IN STITCHES
WHEN: MAY 6, 7 & 8, 2022
- FRI, MAY 6TH FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM
- SAT, MAY 7TH FROM 10 AM TO 5 PM
- SUNDAY, MAY 8TH FROM 11 AM TO 4 PM
Where: City View Curling Club, 50 Capilano Drive, Ottawa (Google Maps)
- The 2022 Quilt Show will follow the Provincial Guidelines for Social Gatherings.
June 15-18, 2022: Quilt Canada 2022
Summer/Fall 2022: IPM QUILT COMPETITION
The IPM 2022 Quilt Competition is open to all. This is a great opportunity to showcase your quilting skills and share your work to an interested audience. All entries will be displayed during the Home on the Farm Quilt Show & Tea Room (where judging will take place and prizes awarded) and at IPM 2022.
Home on the Farm Quilt Show & Tea Room – W.B. George Centre, Kemptville
August 19, 2022 – 10 am to 7 pm
August 20, 2022 – 10 am to 4 pm
Quilt Tent in Lifestyles Area at IPM 2022 – Kemptville, Ontario
September 20 – 24, 2022 – 8:30 am to 5 pm
IPM 2022 QUILT COMPETITION RULES AND CATEGORIES
There are a variety of categories of interest to all levels of quilters, fabric artists and sewers. First, second and third prizes will be awarded in most categories in the value of $100, $75 and $50 (unless otherwise stated). Entries to the IPM 2022 Quilt Competition will be for work completed after August 2020. The entry fee is $10 with one entry maximum per category by an individual.
New this year!
1) BARN QUILTS: Not made of fabric at all – a barn quilt is made of wood or sign board and painted to look like a quilt block.
2) PRE-PRINTED FABRIC PANELS: May be used in the making of many of the categories (see categories with asterisk * in the brochure). Panels are very popular and can be cut up, have borders and blocks added and create a unique work.
There are two categories for youth to show their quilting skills: 1) youth under 13 years and 2) youth between 14 and 18 years. They can use any category and any technique. There is no entry fee for youth and one entry is allowed per youth.
Details and entry forms can be found on their website at: https://www.plowingmatch.org/ipm2022/get-involved/quilt-competition